Welcome to the Career Loans Blog!
Career Loans provides micro loans and career counselling to Internationally Trained Professionals in Alberta and Saskatchewan. This means that we can offer you our services free of charge if you are:
- a Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee, or Canadian Citizen, and been in Canada for less than 10 years;
- residing in Alberta or Saskatchewan; and
- an Internationally Trained Professional in a regulated or non-regulated occupation or trade looking to return to your field
What Do We Do?
Our team of experts guide you and arm you with all the tools you need to jump start your career in Canada.
- When you visit our website www.careerloans.ca, you can click on the Apply Now button and do an eligibility quiz. This will determine if Career Loans is the right program for you. You will then proceed to fill out a short application form. Once our staff has reviewed and approved it, you will be invited to make an appointment with one of our Information and Financial Counsellors.
- The purpose of the appointment is to know more about you from a professional point of view. We ask you about your occupation, professional experience, your credentials accreditation process (if you have gotten your credentials assessed or recognized yet, etc.). In a nutshell, we want to know the professional goals you want to achieve when you come to Canada. If you are looking for an alternative career path in your same field, we will guide you with the process. If you are interested in getting a micro loan to get your credentials recognized, we will assist you with the application and refer you to our financial partner.
- This is the most productive and fun part. We establish an ongoing conversation with you. Based on that interaction, we point you to the resources, knowledge, and information you need to jump start your career in Canada.
Why Should You Apply for Career Loans?
- Micro Loans up to $15,000 You can get micro loans from $1,500 to $15,000 from our financial partner, which can be used towards licensure fees, membership and association fees, material costs, exams, training, tuition, etc.
- One-on-one Career Counselling You have a dedicated Counsellor who can answer your questions and guide you to reach your full potential, free of charge.
- Tailored Resources and Referrals. You can be assured that you will have the resources that you need to prepare yourself for re-entering your field. We help you to find the services you need and send you curated content that is relevant to you. If we do not offer the service you need, we will point you in the right direction; we conduct extensive research so you can have the best tools at your disposal. We will also guide you in your foreign credential assessment and recognition journey.
In short, we want you to succeed in Canada, and we are here to help you to do so.